Saturday, April 21, 2012

Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Ammo Shadow Box


Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Ammo Shadow Box: $38 at Sephora, Ulta & Urban Decay.com

This is an interesting palette.  I wasn't initally impressed with it.  Sin is one of my favorite colors, but I already had it from the Naked palette. Colors like Oil Slick, Polyester Bride and Grifter have a lot of glitter to them, which I don't normally like.  Glitter gets everywhere and is too messy.
But I ended up getting it because I really wanted Last Call and it seemed silly to me to buy it at $17 for a single, when you could get 10 colors for $38.  A little more then double the price, but you get 10 times the colors.  I used Polyester Bride and Oil Slick on a Smokey Eye look and they looked great, although cleaning up the fall-out glitter under my eyes annoyed me.  I tried Last Call with a little bit of Grifter and Polyester Bride as the highlight and I really liked it (see pic below).  But I still had more glitter fall-out than I prefer.  Oil Slick is one of the blackest blacks I have used, so I am glad to have it, even if it has glitter.  Overall I am happy with it, as I like all of the colors in it.  I can't wait to try Shattered as it looks like Kiddie Pool from the Sustainable Shadow Box, minus the - you guessed it - glitter!  I wont be getting that palette (Sustainable Shadow Box) as there are too many duplicates.  The only colors I am interested in from that palette you can get in others or singles (YDK & Midnight Cowboy, although I prefer Sellout which is Midnight Cowboy minus the, yes, glitter).


Here are my eyes after about 7 hours of wear.  I used Sellout, a little Grifter and Sin blending and Polyester Bride for the highlighting (Rimmel: Scandal Eyes mascara).




No comments:

Post a Comment